In this tutorial you will learn how to extend your Windows vps/server/rdp hard drive effectively. You can use this tutorial if
- You purchased extra space
- Your current available space is less than what you ordered, in other words not activated
Follow below steps carefully to use the unused space:
- Connect to your VPS or RDP via remote desktop (or any other remote app like teamviewer if you know how)
- Open the start menu or hit the start button on your PC
- Search for “disk”, you will see the “Create and format hard disk partitions” shortcut:
- Open “Create and format hard disk partitions”. Disk Management panel will open and you can see the unallocated (unused) space available for you. In our example it is 40.00 GB.
- Now you have two options. If you need a new drive right click on “Unallocated”, choose “New Simple Volume” and follow the wizard steps. If you prefer to make your Drive C bigger, right click on (C:) and go for “Extend Volume”:
Watch these video for more details and complete steps:
If you needed any assistance, do not hesitate to open a ticket at:
Make sure to include all the necessary info when opening ticket with AMinServe support.